Friday, September 17, 2010

Change For Who? You? Nahhhh.



I love how I look; hair, smile, body, all of it. I love it even when I complain about it. I was really self conscious about how I looked in the past, and today I still am. But what I am grateful for is that I gained the ability to not give a damn what people say or think. Everyone says I am really short. Do I care? No, because why would I want to be really tall? Men don't like really tall women. I have small feet, but my shoes are cheaper. I have the most difficult hair on earth, but I deal with it.


The thing about society is that people - a lot of them being mostly women - want to alter something about their body. They don't appriciate what they have, they complain, then they try to change it. Some want to look like celebrities, some like their friends, who the hell knows. They may have a good or bad reason as to why, but most often it is media influence, peer pressure, or strictly unhappiness. Dumb right? What I believe people need to realize that everyone looks different for a reason. If everyone looked the same, why would we have the word originality?


For example, women are often unhappy with their breast size because: 


1. Men are much more attracted to larger breasts.
2. Women tend to feel better about themselves when their body is proportionate; when they look good, they feel good. 
3. Who can underestimate the power of cleavage?
But instead of trying to make them bigger, why not make small ones more appealing? Has society or the media made that impossible? Whether or not is has, women want to change.


I can admit, if I could change anything I wanted about myself, I would definitely take the opportunity. Who wouldn't? But people - once again, mostly women - tend to go to such great lengths to make themselves...a lot uglier than they were before, for what? I browsed the internet, and found a site full of men, women, and celebrities who went to extensive lengths to look good. 
( Check it out: http://www.onlinenursingdegrees.org/medical/plastic-surgery-fail.htm )


It's pathetic. Our purpose in life isn't to please the world, because if it was, life would be alot harder than it already is.



No comments:

Post a Comment